Monday, May 26, 2008

We're gonna need a montage...

Lots of stuff happened over the past few days. Lots of ups and downs. Started off with a bunch of downs. :-p I tried to take care of several quests all at once and it turned out that I hadn't completed the quests up to the point that I thought I did, or I couldn't read the map in order to find out how to get to the Cavernous Maws that I don't have yet, or I was running to a far away area as the wrong job, or.... Get the point? So I just flat-out gave up for a night or two and decided that I REALLY needed to catch up on some sleep.

Saturday turned out to be awesome: {Monk} {Experience points} {Long time} {Yes, please}
Progressed my MNK from 66 to 69 over a span of something like 12 non-stop hours. Time flew by. I was havin a blast cuz the xp gain was rockin and every time we needed a position filled, we ended up finding an even better person to fill the spot. Our first BRD was afk probably like 50% of the time we were out there; it was getting REALLY frustrating. She'd tell me she was gonna be gone for a few minutes and then wouldn't come back for like 10 or 15, and then she'd do it again a few mobs later. I came so close to just booting her from the party a couple times. Luckiy she left and we found an awesome replacement who actually PLAYED his JOB (and knew how to do it well, and where/when/what songs to play, etc...).

I also used my final Anniversary Ring charge and, well, that was that. Now I'm gonna be back to boring (slower) leveling again.


Sunday was more focused on randomness rather than leveling.
  • The lack of partyin was just more of the usual: had my flag up for hours and no invites... couldn't put my own pt together because it seemed like there were only DDs lfp everytime I searched....
  • I had stacks and stacks of crystals that I needed to get rid of so I bazarred a ton and AHed the rest.
  • Ditto for random items that I've picked up over the past week (scrolls and whatnot that the Yagudo dropped while I was camping NMs).
  • I actually, finally, got my 10 marbles for the Mog Bonanza, before I procrastinated too much and missed-out.
  • More wandering around in the past which resulted in obtaining a map of Grauberg [S], a Smart Grenade and ... (drumroll please) ... 2 more jobs!

  • More camping in Castle Oz for a bit when I was having some random middle-of-the-day meal, which resulted in more disappointment. (the camping, not the meal - only 2 claims, both failz)

  • and last but not least, I did my first few campaigns... which resulted in:

So, all-in-all, another successful weekend. Some disappointments, but much accomplished. Hopefully I'll be able to find another great party in the next day or two so I can get my MNK's xp up another 50k and then head off to kick Maat's wrinkly old balls from here to Tu'Lia.

OMFG! I SUCK! I just realized tonight was Sunday... and I missed a Dynamis Bastok run with the new LS. >< Why the hell didn't I realize this sooner!?? GDI. I'm only like... 7.5 hours late. This totally sucks. ... Now I'm screwed. I'm not gonna be able to make it into any of the rest of their Dynamis Icelands runs later on cuz I missed out on a city.
...
...
...
{/sigh}

No comments: