Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it

After puttin the smack-down on the old-man, I waited around in Port Bastok for less than an hour until my first LS event: {Dynamis - Bastok}

Last night was my first time doing Dynamis. (My first End-Game event!) It was... well, it was {fun} cuz I didn't die. ^^ But it was also a lot faster-paced than what i had expected. It was just non-stop "Assist Main Full Attack Vanguard Whatever!" for almost the entire time. We only paused maybe 4 times for some resting (for characters as well as RL. lol) All-in-all, I had a good time with it. The boss went down Über-fast. No major wipes. Got the key item for the clear. I was informed by the LS leader that I did not screw up at all. (or at least not that he saw or anyone else mentioned.) ... All is well with the world. ^^ Next one up is Sunday night for {Dynamis - San d'Oria}.

There were a few things that I had questions about that Treu already filled me in on.
- (Q) Why was I the only MNK there? (A) Cuz everyone else apparently has other (stronger?) jobs they wanted to play. But apparently there are very few MNKs in the LS, so i guess that means I have better chances at pickin up all of my AF gear. ^^
- (Q) Are they (MNKs) worthless in Dynamis? Worthless in Dynamis-Bastok? (A) No and no. Again, probably just a coincidence.
- (Q) Is it always this fast-paced? (A) For our LS, apparently not.
- (Q) Is it always this (seemingly) easy? (A) Not always. We apparently normally only have around 18 people going in. This time we had a full alliance as well as my full party on the outside too.

Tonight's plan: maybe add a screenshot or two in here from my first Dynamis, prolly do some campaigns, and then go on a Prommy run or two.

I hope this good-luck streak never ends. ^^ Can't wait to hit 75 and start on my merits!

I also read about some of the changes that will be coming in thsi update (which should be done by now). Monks can now apparently restrict their attacks to just Kick Attacks. Why anyone would want to do this is beyond me. I can only think that maybe there is a new piece of feet gear that greatly improves the damage dealt from your kicks (something better than Wulong Shoes, Dune Boots, etc...); otherwise, why would you want to NOT use your fists? You're just missing out on more damage that way. The only other new JA I was interested in was that BRDs can now focus a song on an individual rather than an area around them. This could make them even more useful in parties (as if they weren't already awesome) for helping out ... well, anyone who needs it. I guess we'll see how often it's used, but I'm willing to be it'll be used as much as I spam Berserk - Focus - Dodge in my xp parties. (ie. as often as possible)

No comments: