Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Things have certainly changed around here.

"I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees."

So I spent most of the evening back in time and got a lot more necessary stuff taken care of.

I completed the "SNAKES on a M****r-F****n PLAIN!!!" quest and joined the Windurst [S] Cobra Unit. I decided for Windy (instead of my home nation of Basty) because of some of the Cobra Unit gear; Windy [S] seems to be the only place to get MNK gear with Allied Notes. Now that I finally belong to a nation in the past, I can start doing Campaigns for more xp. ^^ I also got the North Gustaberg [S] Maw and the teleport crystal in Pashhow. (I wasn't even planning on going after the crystal; I just happened to see it in my way as I was running for another maw.) After making it down to North Gusta [S] I was astonished how close I had actually gotten to making it all the way there maybe a month or two ago when I tried with just a level 1 job; I used to just go for the maws as level 1's and not even bother with sneak and invis cuz I'd rather not lose xp (or gil) when I randomly aggroed something and died. (This was back when my highest job was only in the low 40's and everything aggroed me no matter what job I was.)

Besides that, just more randomness that eventually needed to get taken care of anyways. Ran up to Kazham to buy and learn Monomi (Ninja Sneak). ... Ran up to Xarcabard (CS) and then to the Bastok Mines Trail Markings (another CS) so that I can now gain access to Dynamis. ... Ran around a bit for Treu looking for Biast while I was up there. ... A little elemental farming while I was up in Beaucedine. ... Cleaned up some storage space by utilizing the Event Item Storer and selling more stuff in the AH. ... Put together a list of the necessary craft levels to make Ninjutsu Tools. ... Even crafted a bit when I saw that Big Fluffy Sheep Skins were selling for only 100 gil in Basty. ....

Getting a party together never happened. ; ; Partially because I was busy running around everywhere taking care of all of these odds-and-ends and just didn't really try hard to find people. Partially because every time I searched I'd just find that only 3 BLMs are lfp and no one else. And I guess partially because well... no one invited me to an existing pt. /shrug

So, other than leveling my MNK, I accomplished all of the other goals I had for the evening (and more!), so I'm pretty happy 'bout dat.


Tomorrow night Treu's LS... oh wait... "my LS" (i just joined AstrumNovae today ^^) is doing {Dynamis-Beaucedine}, which I clearly don't have access to just yet. So, while they're all doing that, I suppose I can just sit and camp Mee Deggi so Treu can eventually get his OKote back from me. After that... prolly more maws and quests in the past.


Gotta go back in time....

1 comment:

Treubond said...

You could've easily made a party last night. About 30 minutes after you say there were "3 BLMs looking" there were about 15 people looking around our level. RDMs, SMNs, and DD, everything you needed to start a party. You could've even seen a SMN in a DD roll for once, see how they can rock out some damage. Oh well, doubt we'll be able to level again until Tuesday now.