Monday, December 8, 2008

Company always on the run, Destiny is a rising sun...

This past weekend didn't even turn out remotely as good as I had anticipated.

CoP:
On Saturday Disdain wanted to start blitzing thru CoP and I still needed to do Promy Mea and Promy Dem. Well, we got our party together: Treu and Hybrid on SMN, me and Zspa on WAR/NIN, Disdain on DNC/NIN and Ramoth on RNG. Well the first Mea we failed, but that was mainly because we didn't have enough animas and didn't quite use the ones we had at the right moments. Disdain altered the plan a little bit for when we pop the animas and the 2nd run ended up being a cakewalk.

Then ppl had to start going their own ways to events or dinner or whatnot, so we were just going to put off Dem until Sunday. Well... we ended up not getting back together because someone was always busy the entire day. But we did farm up a bunch more remnants and memories so it shouldn't be that bad if/when we DO get around to Dem. Hopefully tonight around 9pm... but then again, since the update was today, everyone will probably be busy running around checking out the new stuff. Still not clearing my Promies makes me a saaaaaad panda. ; ;

ENM:
Sheep in Antlion's Clothing. Me, Treu, Sush, Hybrid and Drayco. Beat it with 5 minutes to spare. No worthwhile drops.

Dynamis:
Sunday night HellsBells went on a Dynamis - Windurst run. FINALLY I can get my 4th city clear, right?! . . . Wrong. :-P A n00b ended up not paying attention and pulled the deathhouse. We wiped, reraised and then realized we still had a couple ppl trapped in front of the deathhouse, so we had to pick them up before moving on. Paxton ended up organizing the BLMs to time-nuke the statues and then everyone took out the remaining mobs. I had to use {Hundred Fists} and before it even wore, the damn mob we were fighting puts up Perfect Dodge. /sigh oh well. We cleared the deathhouse without further incident and the lost members rejoined.

Another wipe took place a little later because someone pulled something they weren't supposed to. ({Welcome!} to {Dynamis}!) We raise again and by the time we were set to go, we had less than 15 minutes to clear the center and then kill the boss. So, we try to speed through the center and ... well, I think you know where this is going. Wipe once again. We start raising and see the 3 minute warning and just ended up giving up. No Windy clear for Khrone. And that makes me a saaad sad panda. ; ;

Sky:
I missed the first Kirin kill cuz I was in Dynamis. I get up there as fast as possible and miss a Seiryu as well. Then we just farm for Dios. By the time I get to the camp, they had already gotten 2 right away. I head back towards the entrance to open the yellow gate for someone... apparently was seen by a stat when I used up my last invis powder, was killed, {fun}. (this was death #4 in the past 3 hours.) Whatever.

We leave to hit up Kirin again now that everyone has their 2-hours back. It takes me 13, yes THIRTEEN, attempts to get to the Kirin room. Over a stack of sneak pots used up. Had to borrow more from Kota who was stuck in pretty much the same rut I was. One of the times leaving the pot room I hear him say "help", so I turn around and see that he's attacking a weapon. Why? I don't know. So I figure he just wants to do something while we're running in circles. I engage. I ask "why we attacking this?" He replies "aggro" and then promptly dies. I immediately turn and run for my life. Guess what happens next! (this was death #5 in the past 3 hours.) Whatever. Oh, and Kota said I was bad luck and that's why HE kept failing to get into the Kirin room too. So I choose a different path...

I eventually get into the Kirin room because I gave up on the western path and too the eastern (Water) path. That worked for me the first try. /sigh Gotta remember that from now on. We kill Kirin with a quickness. We leave. Kill like 2 stats outside and then take out Despot right away. Then it was back to dio farming til 3:45am. (yay 3 hours of sleep til i gotta get up for work again!)

Lots of death and lack of sleep makes me a very sad panda. ; ;

Version Update:
Yus! Version update is here! And it actually installed relatively quickly for me tonight. (20 minutes tops I think.) Unfortunately no new ranks (level 5) and no new campaign gear, so I guess I'm just spending my allied notes on a Cobra Unit Cap and Leggings for better Acc while WSing. /shrug There's really nothing else I'd need the notes for until I get other jobs up higher so why not, right?

But yeah. It's been a kinda depressing past few days in-game. Hopefully things will turn around shortly. (Like we plan on hitting up the bird camp [S] with Disdain's DNC37 and my NIN37 and SAM37 this coming weekend.)

On a good note: I put a 7th merit into H2H. w00t! Almost done with it!
And just to kill some time, I went and finally completed the Blade of Death quest for the Deathbringer (GS for DRK). Just had to run and trade the old GS basically since I completed the 100 kills over a YEAR ago. lol Yeah, finished the kills on 7/28/2007. I guess I haven't really even GLANCED at DRK since then.

No comments: