Monday, December 15, 2008

The power of the force has stopped you, you hosers

So, the other day I went back into Campaign for a bit and bought some Cobra Unit Leggings. I was planning on holding out for the body piece, but since it didn't come out with this latest version update, I decided to just buy the rest of this Cobra Unit set in the meantime. I figured, this set will still help me out in Campaign Battles and also it'll give me any extra accuracy I may need against gods or ... well, against anything, in case my Acc is lacking. (ie. Last night I was missing a bit against Byakko, so I swapped in the new leggings in place of my Wulong Shoes, and that semed to be just enough to make a noticable difference.)

I also finally hit one of my goals and capped-out my h2h merits. ^^ I so happy. Now I can put the next 4 merit points into Crit Hits and cap that out too. After that will most likely be Kick Attacks, but I guess we'll see.

Disdain was on this weekend and has been cruisin along with his DNC, so we decided to hit up the bird camp with my SAM37 and cranked out a couple quick levels in 2 or 3 hours. It was actually a little wierd getting back to SAM. Like, I couldn't remember what the various JAs were and/or when to use them. (And Treu made sure the whole pt knew that I was clueless too. :-P lol) So I got my SAM up to 40 now. I'll probably put-of leveling for now tho and focus any freetime into finally breaking the latent on my Destroyers. (Sush likes making the whole LS know that THAT hasn't happened yet. :-P lol) Man, everyone's so quick to point out my flaws. Gosh. I have nunchuck skills. Bowstaff skills. ... but i digress....

I hit up Dynamis - San d'Oria Sunday night with HellsBells. I was pretty impressed because only 70 minutes had passed from the moment we entered until the moment we had killed the boss. And we only had 1 wipe the entire time too. The drops were kinda unusual on this run. Every other run I've been on with them, we've gotten like 12 - 20 pieces of AF to drop, and yet last night I think it was only about 6 pieces total. And nothing dropped until it turned Firesday. The only reason I noticed that was because all of a sudden 2 or 3 pieces had dropped in a matter of 4 mobs, so I looked at the clock and noticed it was still the first hour and a half into Firesday. /shrug Maybe that has something to do with it... maybe not. Some ppl in the LS were just saying it had to do with the new moon or something. Who knows.

But at least I got my Melee Hose!!! Woot woot! Yeah, the first AFv2 piece that dropped were MNK Legs, so they went straight to me. ^^ And like 3 pieces later.... another MNK legs drops... which just gets autosorted. :-P Seriously. Apparently noone in this LS wants Monk AF. (So I made a point to tell everyone in LolFail as soon as we were done that, if they want Monk Afv2, they gotta join HellsBells. lol) I don't get it; Melee Hose are like the next best thing to Byakko's Haidate for a TP build for Monk, and yet noone wants it? (They ended up free-dropping to our main PLD, Carldiedrich, in case anyone was wondering.) Whateva. I got mine. I'm happy.

So, now I have the 2 AF pieces that I really wanted/needed from Dynamis (hands and legs) and I think I still might continue to come to any future runs that I have access to. Might as well keep collecting points for when I get a few other jobs up to 75 and, hell, maybe even start collecting on other items if good stuff is just gonna free-drop like this!

Finally, LolFail killed all gods last night. Got some decent drops and should make roughly 1.3 million just off of the AH items. Only Sunday and already makin some big bank. Nice! We also apparently have a buyer or two in line for Byakko's Haidate. We're gonna be selling those off for 4.75 million a pop. (oh so nice) So, we've already determined that, to make it fair to ppl with points in the LS, that we're gonna be trading off and on with sales. Member gets one. One gets sold. Member gets one. One gets sold. etc... This is obviously gonna delay my haidate a little bit, but then again, I'm not gonna complain about the amount of income we'll be making off of this stuff.

All-in-all, a successful weekend!

No comments: