Thursday, June 26, 2008

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine

Dynamis Sandy run last night... got the clear. No biggie. I think we've done that run like 4 times since I joined 4 or 5 weeks ago and we've cleared it all but once so far. When the hell am I gonna get the Jeuno and Windy clear?? But I digress...

I was pretty shocked that on our run, not 1 single person WS-ed a NIN mob! Also, one of our sackholders didn't show up last night. Coincidence? Possibly... but then again, as I recall from our last Dynamis Basty run, she WS-ed couple NIN mobs right in a row, even after being warned not to do it time and time again. /shrug So last night, only 1 NIN self-destructed and I don't think anyone died from it. Good job DDs!! ^^

Hmm... what else...
- I got to put together the main DD pt (4x MNK, 1 SAM and 1 WHM; where the hell did all these MNKs come from suddenly?), so I guess I'm officially part of the main alliance now and will hopefully never be in the outside pt again. lol
- only 1 full-wipe, I believe, just before we got to the stables. another near-full-wipe happened in the stables.
- only 2 ppl de-leveled last night, one of them happened to be the WHM in our DD pt (ouch for us DD)... and she only started the run off at 70 (ouch again for us)... but whateva. I can't be mad/complain because I showed up to a couple runs still at like lvl 70 when I first joined.
- AF drops: onry PLD hands (Joel?) and BRD head (Ced)... and like 15 WAR relic weapons. lol

As for campaign, I STILL can't rank-up yet. I swear, I've done like 15 to 18 campaign battles since my last rank-up (Bronze Star), ALL of them were successes (not 1 did "the allied forces retreat"), I've made probably at LEAST 15k in xp and maybe around 8k Allied Notes and yet I still can't rank-up. WTF Mate? There's gotta be something else to this rank-up stuff. Maybe I have to do some Campaign Ops to get further or something?? /sigh Maybe I should just give up on looking forward to getting that Cobra Unit gear and just get back to focus on pting when I'm not looking for groups to do other runs that I need to go on, such as:
- Double Dragonian: last night some of us in the LS were talking about doing this run soon, so hopefully it gets done ASAP (but hopefully not this weekend while I'm out of town again!)
- my Asuran Fists fight: Tekumel said he still hasn't done his DRG WS fight either, so hopefully we can get a group together to do his and mine in the same night
- Prommy runs: I still only have 1 cleared so far
- etc...

Side note #1:
Tampa trip this past weekend was awesome. 18 guys showed up for a bachelor party (only 1 of which actually lives in Florida). Some heavy-flirting with a 21 year old broad that sat next to me at the ballgame Friday night, but didn't have the nerve to get her digits... cuz her dad was sitting right next to her and staring me down the entire 9th inning. lol Golf on Saturday was cancelled due to rain, so we ended up reverting back to our college-days and played drinking games all day long. Only 17 of us made it to the steak house for dinner (cuz one of my pledge brothers can't keep up with us now that he's got a kid). Got some contact info from a hottie later that night... turns out she's 19 (hey, it's still legal!) but was a Miss Teen Florida or something recently. Guess I gotta make plans to head down there again sometime relatively soon. Flight back home sucked (weather delays, luggage lost, etc...) so I missed out on the Dynamis Jeuno run on Sunday night. (Man, I don't think I wanna know if they cleared it or not; I still need that clear.)

Side note #2:
Word of the day: Cockaigne

No comments: