Sunday, July 6, 2008

I don't have to see it, Dottie... I lived it.

So much has happened since my last update... and yet, nothing really all that great that was worth mentioning. Quick summary:

Campaign: Did a ton of campaign battles and ranked-up twice. (Sterling Star $$ and Mythril Star $$$) I should be able to rank-up again tomorrow after work. Treu has been going absolutely bat-shit-crazy over campaign stuff lately because he's just been spending what little freetime he has to game doing battles, and yet it never seems to be enough to keep his and Screamin's rank. I think tomorrow is the last day he has until they both de-rank. I hope they fix campaign because since the last update it seems to be pretty hosed. It seems a lot more difficult to rank-up. The beastmen are pushing so hard that it's like impossible to get them out of the city... battles are constantly being fought and sometime they last for up to an hour, so it's impossible to talk to any of the NPCs to get evaluated, buy gear, get Ops assignments, etc....

Dynamis: We did a Bastok run... which we failed to clear. We were scheduled to do a Windurst run, but it ended up being cancelled because only about 12 ppl showed up. (probably due to early vacationers for the 4th of July weekend.) We did a Jeuno run just now... and failed to complete because they screwed up pulling the boss and then we ran out of time to re-pull it. We clearly rock in Dynamis. /sarcasm

Sky: much farming, never fighting gods

Zones: finally obtained the Mamool Ja Staging Point. still have 2 more staging points to go, but I can't figure out that damn Arrapago Reef map.

Leveling: Decided to level my SMN just a bit up to level 4 (yeah, there goes that goal of getting all summons while still at level 1 lol). I had a bit of my xp ring charge left over from another crap pt so i needed to dump it off onto something before it wore.

Meriting: finally decided to visit the Nomad Moogle in Jeuno and obtain my Limit Breaker key item so I can begin meriting. Spent 6 merit points so far (Hand-to-Hand 1 and 2, Critical Hit Rate 1, Counter Rate 1, Kick Attack Rate 1). I'll probably just be putting all merit points directly into H2H until it's full, primarily for accuracy reasons. I was initially going to spread them evenly throughout all 4 of these slots, but decided it would be best just to get the weapon skill up first, then spread the rest out.

Mog Bonanza: got 1 Rank 5 prize. w00t. Used it on my WAR, which is now only 3k xp away from being a non-gimp subjob.

And that's about it. Future updates aren't seeming like they will be all that eventful (other than the possible random bitching about stupid people) because I've already begun the monotony of just meriting and campaigning and meriting and campaigning.... This will probably keep up until I feel I have decent enough skills to move on to other things. (ENMs, Assaults, Salvage, etc...) But I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Treubond said...

Start assaults NOW!!! Also, try to get going on your missions again. Finishing ToAU right now would be good for you considering the ring is very good for all melee, even end-game melee. Finishing CoP would also be a good step because Jailer of Faith (JoF) is a tier 1 Jailer and is pretty easy to kill and get your Faith Torque from. Now that you do have some merits under your belt you need to start progressing in the game instead of just concentrating on pure exp.