Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oops

This morning around 4:30 AM I fell asleep at the wheel of my car while driving home. Apparently I veered off the left side of the highway, punched through the large metal guard-rail, rolled my car several times, and went through another metal fence before landing up-right almost on the on-coming side of the highway. Needless to say, my Jeep Wrangler is completely totaled.

Yes, I am fine.

Seat belts and airbags save lives.

They do not, however, save the hard-top of your Jeep from being ripped off your vehicle like an orange peel. They do not even keep your cellphone within an arm's reach after flipping over multiple times. I will never complain about "that damned flashing LED on my cell phone" ever again, cuz if it wasn't for that, I would have never found it and I would have been sitting on the side of the highway for quite some time because apparently the majority of drivers (at least in north-eastern Ohio) are assholes and won't stop for a guy waving his arms at them off the side of the road who has OBVIOUSLY wrecked his vehicle and is in need of assistance.

But I digress.

People, wear your safety belts. I have no doubt in my mind that if I wasn't wearing mine, I would be dead right now.

Seriously.

So now I come to the point where I need to say that I need to take a break from FFXI. :( Hopefully it won't be too long. I'm thinking a week or two or three. Eh, then again, I might be back online later today. I just need to make sure I still haven't sustained any serious injuries, eventhough the emergency room has just released me with a clean bill of health. I need to find a new car. I need to make sure my insurance covers all of this. etc... You get the picture.

{Take care} and I hope to see/talk to y'all soon.

No comments: