Monday, January 5, 2009

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Wondrous spectacles abound!
SEE: HellsBells (aaaaalllllllllmost) clear another Tier III Einherjar!
SEE: HellsBells completely clear Dynamis - Bastok!
SEE: HellsBells get 30 (yes, THIRTY!) AFv2 drops in a single run!
SEE: Everyone and their mother get BLM AFv2 Legs!
SEE: Hitler on ice! (Wait... that's from somewhere else....)
SEE: LolFail get back-to-back Dios... and then 3 more!
SEE: Khrone get no love... /cry

Yes, 'twas a spectacular evening to be back and gaming. For everyone else but me. Well, I guess I still got participation points for everything. /shrug

HellsBells - Einherjar:
Summary: Wing III - Brunhilde's Chamber went off fairly well. No major mishaps. But we just plain ran out of time at the end. We had the boss down to around 50% when our lamps wore. Another minute or two and we would have had it.
Optimist: A little more experience doing Einherjar runs. An extra LS participation point.
Pessimist: Didn't get the clear, which means I think we need to do this one again before we can do an Odin. (meh. I still need a Wing I and Wing II feather anyways.)

HellsBells - Dynamis:
Summary: Dynamis - Bastok was unlike any other dynamis run I have ever done. I honestly think we cleared the whole zone with about 30 seconds left before timing out.
Optimist: 30 AFv2, a 100 currency piece, and 16 ores dropped. Not too shabby. Notable drops: 7 BLM, 4 SAM, 4 THF. And I got an extra LS participation point. And several gil items too.
Pessimist: None of that AFv2 went to me. What was crazy was, plenty of the freedrops managed to go to the same 2 or 3 people all evening. I woulda liked some of the action on those 4 SAM hands or 2 MNK feet... but whateva.

LolFail - Sky:
Summary: Sky farming was apparently very successful. Supposedly we picked up 5 dios, 2 waters, and a bunch of season stones.
Optimist: More pop-items means more gods means more points and more likelihood I'll be getting my god-gear sooner. And I got a bunch of LS participation points. (a few of us did some outside farming afterwards.)
Pessimist: While I was away on vacation (spent several days around New Years Eve in Las Vegas) a couple people overtook me and I am no longer in 1st place for Byakko's Haidate. As a a matter of fact, I'm down to 5th in line now. /sigh

SEE: Khrone put the barrel of a gun in his mouth....

No comments: