Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm only paranoid because they want me dead

So my conspiracy theory is still in full-effect.

It's as if there are LS members, SE, Mother Nature and Byakko himself (yes, I'm counting him as a separate entity from both SE and Mother Nature) all are trying their hardest to prevent me from getting my Byakko's Haidate. {/sigh}

It's been about 4 or 5 weeks since I took first place in line for haidate and random shit keeps happening to prevent me from actually getting it. First there was people screwing up their jobs (or just Byakko deciding to not give me any love) which caused us to wipe to Byakko. Then came Christmas/New Years time where the LS decided to take a break for one week (and then I was out in Vegas the following week) so some people did a bunch of outside farming and overtook me. The week we come back, we do 5 Byakko's, 1 was a failure, and only 2 haidate drop which go to the guys who overtook me. And then there's this week where we only get 2 Byakko's done, which results in only 1 haidate to drop but it goes to a buyer. We still apparently have like 3 popsets out there somewhere but people keep leaving early, or not getting online a night that we plan on killing a Byakkko, or DCing because of the horrible weather lately (On a side-note: it is currently -9 degrees here in Cleveland, Ohio and yet it's 45 degrees in Anchorage, Alaska. Oh, and apparently they might hit record highs today in Los Angeles, California today too.)

...

Well, I now have like 230 LS points or something and the next person behind me that even MAY want haidate (cuz everyone else already has it) is like 80 points behind. So, now I KNOW I'm in the clear and noone is gonna overtake me in points. (Well, unless someone decides to be a dick about it and go buy 2 full Kirin popsets or something.) Yesterday I was actually considering something crazy. Like, if 2 or 3 people did not show up last night and I knew we were going to be doing a Kirin and then a Byakko, I would try to lot on both Osode and Haidate. Even after the 70 point drop from Osode, I'd STILL be in the lead for Haidate by a fair margin... but that's just crazy talk; I don't really wanna push my luck.

I just REALLY want my haidate. pleaseohpleaseohplease...

After that, Osode, Dryadic Abjurations, Aquarian Abjurations, etc... that's all just icing on the cake. And I should easily be able to pick all of that stuff up just cuz I'll be sticking around with this LS for a long time, strictly for the weekly cash payouts. This week we made over 8mil from sales and random gil drops. Altho this will probably be split among 25-30 people, it'll still be worth it in the long-run to have this constant flow of gil. Well, I'll be sticking around also cuz I kinda like helping out some of the n00bs; I feel like I'm finally giving back to make up for all the help that Treu, Disdain, Hybrid, etc... have given me over the past year and a half. Altho giving directions thru {sky} while trying to farm for water AND take attendance is kinda difficult. lol

Well, on a bright note: at least Treubond and Hybridkiller have been getting gear outta this LS. Apparently they have had HORRIBLE luck with their other sky LSs in the past. Treu managed to pick up a couple items this week (N Feet and D Head) and Hybrid got his Haidate and W Legs (which promptly became Blood Cuisses, rather than the typical Crimson Cuisses) within the past week or so.

Hopefully next week fortune will shine upon me and I'll be able to start pickin up my desired gear as well. ... And hell, I might even go BUY a damn Byakko popset or two if I have to! :D

No comments: