Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's going to be easy... like peeling a turtle.

The past couple nights haven't been bad at all. LolSky has killed a bunch more gods and gotten some really nice drops. Last night, after Hybrid got his Haidate, we still had another Byakko to do and I was next in line already! ... But, again, no luck for me. Haidate didn't drop... and then later that night when Xzavier came back online I realized he's still ahead of me so, oh wellz. That's twice I've been up for the next haidate drop and it just didn't come.

We actually wiped to the 2nd Kirin we did last night. I guess it was the fault of a couple of our newer guys (WHM? BRD? COR?), but I'm glad noone seemed overly-pissed about it. I'm not exactly sure what went wrong actually, other than "we didn't kill Kirin fast enough". lol

Since I got back from my little winter break/vacation I haven't really been able to concentrate much at work. My head keeps floating back to ffxi (yeah yeah, "so what's new?") and what I can do OUTSIDE of the game to make it better for us IN game. For example: I've been reading up a bunch more on the capabilities of Google Docs and for a while I was actually considering basically re-writing the entire DKP site using Google Spreadsheets as the database and Google Forms and Gadgets as the interface. lol After looking a little harder at the FreeDKP site though, I reconsidered and now think I'll just make suggestions to them to enhance their app a bit.

I also updated my LolFail Tracking Google spreasheet. I added in a Stats tab which is just a copy-and-paste of the Stats page from the DKP. I then used VLOOKUP() to grab the point values from that new page. This will make it a TON easier for me to update those point values. I can just copy-and-paste and then switch back to the Waiting List and maybe do a little reordering and that's it. I used to have to look up each individual name separately and update the values, and I would frequently overlook a name or two or might have a typo here and there... It's all good now though. :)

Now if only I could find some time to do a little extra sky farming to bump me into the lead... oh, and maybe find some time for some sleep too. lol (of the past 3 nights, I haven't gotten any more than 3 hours of sleep per night. no naps either!)

Oh, and after sky last night, Hybrid asked if I still need a Swift Belt (which I do). So I guess me, him, Treu and Screamin will need to look into planning a Swift Belt run sometime in the near future, cuz I think we all need it. But then again, I can't do that til I beat PM4-2 so I can get into the zone. /sigh

No comments: