Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tik Tok on the Clock

Silver Sea Remnants
Party 1: Cole (main MNK), Khrone (MNK), Erm (BRD), Ofe (WHM), Rob (SAM), Kuni (RDM)
Party 2: GH (THF), Liquidblue (BLU)
Not in attendance: n/a
Enter Time: Mon 01/25/2010 ~10:57PM EST
Goal: NM Run

1st Floor: Hammerblow Majanun
We decided to start taking the West path on the 1st floor again to try and get me my Usu 35 Head. Still no luck though. Cruised through this floor like usual. We completely bypassed the central room, but in hindsight, since our gear drops ended up sucking the big fat fatty, we might have done better to spend a little time on those Fomors. There's 16 of them and they constantly respawn. Less than a 50% chance for a cell drop. But then again from what I recall, they die pretty darned quick.

2nd Floor: Dekka
NW path to kill the imps. and hopefully get some Marduk 35 Feet... but as usual, no luck. These imps really suck due to their CONSTANT spamming on Silence and Amnesia. Like, NON-STOP spamming of it. It was pretty ridiculous. We really need to figure a way to prevent this from happening before trying these guys again in the future... if that's even possible.

3rd Floor: bypass
I think I was the only one that knew we had to kill the Speedy Gonzales Imp in the northern chamber in order to open the door to get to the central room, but no biggie. As usual, he was kind of a pain in the ass because he runs away after you take 10% of his HP from him, and the gears in the room make it a little more difficult to grab him without unnecessary aggro. Hindsight: timewise, it probably doesn't matter whether we only kill the Imp, or completely clear that room. We probably could have been killing the gears while waiting for him to come back around each time anyways. No biggie though. Greenie sac-pulled the East room for us so we could take out the stationary rampart. It seemed to go a little slow for us, because everything started coming back before we finished off the rampart. Probably due to lack of equipment cell drops for us.

4th Floor: failz
We waited until everyone was unweakened before zoning up to the 4th floor. As soon as we entered, we ran down to the central room, picking up some items from caskets along the way. Everyone knew which rampart to grab on the initial sac-pull... although I was kinda confused why someone else took my place for grabbing one of them. lol Whatev. 4 ppl grabbed them and I was backup in case someone missed. So, after I saw that 3 of them were grabbed, I just Chi Blasted the 4th one and started runnign towards the entrance. We got all 4 up to the starting room and started taking them out... which is when the suckage began.
Problem #1: the archaic ramparts just could NOT be slept. they just seemed uber-resistant tonight.
Problem #2: we were missing a LOT of our swings because of the lack of cell drops up to this point on the run. i don't think we got a single Rings cell. Only 1 (or 0?) head cells. Only a couple ranged, but I didn't have one... basically, all of my slots that I use for my Acc+ gear were still locked. Ditto for the rest of the melee it appeared. I had my Cobra Unit Feet and Hands equipped, Focus up, and ate some sushi.... and I was still missing like crazy.
Our WHM went down... then our RDM... then everyone else. As soon as I had taken hate after the RDM died, it just would not let me get my shadows up so I died pretty quickly too. (By this time, there were already 3 mobs that had spawned from the ramparts.) We ended up getting the 3rd rampart down to about 15% I think, but we wiped. After a couple of us raised, we decided that we wouldn't have enough time to finish off the ramparts and kill the turtle before time ran out, so we just gave up.

Simply put: I don't think we really did anything wrong at all on this run. We only failed due to the crappy droprate of cells. It happens. Hopefully we'll be luckier tomorrow night.

Afterwards: did a couple Golden Salvage runs with Rob and Greenie to get us more Assault Points for future salvage runs.

No comments: