Friday, September 12, 2008

"Eureka" is Greek for "This bath is too hot"

Wow. Almost a full month since my last update... and not really all that much to show for it. ; ;

I slowed down a bit because I was watching as much of the Olympics as possible. Much time was spent just random skilling-up and questing and selling items in the auction house and ... you get the idea.

I went out and got all of my Tuning Fork Key Items to start going after the Prime Avatar fights. So far, I still only have beaten Titan and Garuda (with Treu's help, of course). We got the smack-down layed upon us when we went after Shiva and then... I guess we got sidetracked and just never we back after any other avatars.

After that, I made a bunch of progress on my Summoner, going from 11 up to 23. Even went after a couple NMs for some low-level mage gear. (Hermit's Wand and Pilgrim's Wand) Tried camping Quu Domi again for the Haste-feet and after about 6 or 7 hours, and 3 successful claims... still nada. (This brings my total kills on this guy up to about 10 or so by now and still nothing. Even the other people that manage to get the claim still haven't had any luck either. Are these feet a myth?!? Prolly not. Just sucky drop-rate.)

White Mage has also increased from 11 to 14. Oh, and btw, I hate playing White Mage and I hate the Dunes and I especially hate playing White Mage in the Dunes. I don't even want to think about the amount of hours I've put into partying (and lfp) in the Dunes for my WHM. And I've only gone up 3 levels. (and believe it or not, some of those parties actually had PLs too.) /sigh

So, after being bored trying to level WHM for my SMN, I decided to get back into Campaign now that they have supposedly fixed the requirements for maintaining your rank. So far I've gotten around 6k xp. Even decided to do my first Campaign Op. (Aegis Scream I) Wow. I kinda wish I knew about this a while ago. A few of these Campaign Ops are strictly for Attacking or Defending in Campaign Battles. It's basically just an extra bonus you can get on top of what you get from the Battle. Gotta remember to do this as much as possible now.

Also tried a couple {Level Sync} parties. The first one was with my WHM13 in the Dunes; the rest of the pt consisted of a 75, a 70, a 45, a 40 and another 13. Simply put: it sucked. Our tank was the 70 WAR/NIN... but he didn't realize that being /NIN at that low didn't allow him to use shadows, so I'd have to rest for a minute or two after every 3 or 4 mobs. (Yeah, I was the only healer. No PL. And all of their high level gear apparently sucked after level syncing down to 13.) The other time was with Treu. I took my SMN 21 out with his MNK 39. We were cruisin along nicely in Korroloka Tunnel on Worms, buit as soon as our xp rings wore and we went up a level or two, the xp trailed off practically to nothing. ; ; Oh well. At least this will probably be a good place to come with my SAM 20 in a couple days, either with Hybrid or with True again.

True and I have had a couple discussions on how {Level Sync} isn't really as good as everyone had anticipated. It kinda sucks if you're jumping down large amounts of levels because your gear does NOT stay very proportional. (Brown Belt taken down to level 20 gives you.... a MUCH worse waist piece than Purple Belt. Less STR and no haste. wtf?) Hopefully people will start to realize this and not be so retarded when putting level 75 parties together in the friggin Dunes. Idiots.

No gamin tonight or the rest of this weekend. Have a bachelor party out in Boston to hit up so I won't be online til Sunday night. Unfortunately, HellsBells is doing Dynamis Windurst Sunday night at 8pm... and my flight doesn't even land until around 10:30pm. /cry Maybe I'll try to catch an earlier flight so I can make it home in time to get my Windy clear (and watch the Browns Steelers game). I don't think they're doing another Windy run for at least a month or two, so I REALLY want to be there for this.

oh wellz.
Go Browns!
Go Buckeyes!

No comments: