Monday, August 18, 2008

The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Not too much happening, other than me finally getting used to mage jobs.

I've been having a little fun with SMN and Carby. Spending bunches of time on trying to figure out how I want to set up my macros. Treu thinks I'm wasting my time cuz I won't need to really worry about macros for resting gear-swaps, elemental siphons, etc... for at least a couple months, but I'd rather just try to figure it all out ahead of time so I don't have to constantly re-learn my macros as I level higher and higher.

I also got a little more xp on my WHM and BLM this weekend and had a little noob party while trying to figure out the jobs. It seemed to me that having my BLM as a melee still helped out greatly at that low of a level (still hanging around Gustaberg and the Highlands) but once I get into the Dunes, I'll probably just have to stand back spell-casting. (le sigh. sounds boring to me, but we'll see how it goes.)

So, what was actually accomplished over the past 2 or 3 days? SMN 11. WHM 11. BLM 11. (Hence the most-excellent, and most-appropriate, title to this entry.)

Well, I mainly just wanted a little more experience with mage jobs before I started partying out in the Dunes so now I'm gonna just get back to focusing on my SMN. Well, unless Hybrid is back online and wants to get back to duoing with his MNK 20 and my SAM 20. For tonight, I'm just going to head out and camp the NM to get me a Pilgrim's Wand. Figured that would help out greatly while leveling, so I might as well go camp that NOW to make leveling quicker/easier.

And yes, it seems as though meriting my MNK has been put on hold for a while. /cry oh well. Our little group probably isn't going to be doing any Salvage runs or anything major for quite a while anyways while Treu and Hybrid make their race for Maat's Cap. This gives me a good 4 or 5 months to level these 2 jobs, merit a bunch and start crankin out those Assaults. Hmmm. Maybe I should start setting out a schedule for I don't focus too much on 1 of my tasks. (Mondays, Sundays = SMN; Tuesdays, Saturdays = SAM; Wednesdays, Fridays = Assaults; any other time I have = MNK merits) ... We'll see how that works out. It'll probably change, but at least I can start thinking about this and trying to get statics together to make the process run more smoothly.

1 comment:

Treubond said...

Don't forget about MISSIONS!!! CoP and ToAU missions would be a good thing to try to get a static with. CoP is much more important than ToAU though. The ring is great but you gain access to areas that you can get some really good gear from(i.e. Soborro, Jaeger Ring, Voyager Sallet, Swift Belt, ...). You could probably lump Assaults/Missions/Quests/Camping all together, that way you can still get SOMETHING done because you'll usually be looking for shouts.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest finding a group to static through the PMs (Promathis Missions) with. That really makes life easier and A LOT faster. That is actually how I rolled through the last about 4 chapters because of a static.

As for exp, I say concentrate on one job, probably SMN, and then duo SAM whenever you get a chance with Hybrid. It gets kinda crazy when you have gear from a bunch of different jobs, trust me, I know...

Ok, I'm done...