Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You know when I'm down to my socks, it's time for business, that's why they call them business socks

Well, looking back on my daily logs (every night I log off of FFXI, I keep track of what I accomplished in a google document) it looks like since my last post I have just done a LOT of campaigning. It started off as mainly just to see what they changed to "make it easier to retain your campaign rank", but then it turned into more exploration of Campaign Battles and Campaign Ops.


I completed my first Campaign Op and realized that if I just activate those (Aegis Scream and Smokescreen) while going into a Campaign Battle, it's just an extra little bonus of XP and Allied Notes... so why NOT always do that, right? And, as I just noticed this past Sunday, it's best to do a bunch of them right away on Sunday afternoon while all of them have 5 stars, cuz there's even more of a bonus in there too.


Rankwise, I got back my Copper Emblem of Service and even progressed to Iron Emblem of Service. I'm starting to creep up on 50k Allied Notes so hopefully by the time I get a high enough rank to purchase the Wings level gear (in something like 12 days), I can finally get the Cobra Unit Subligar and have a slightly better leg piece than what I currently have. I guess in some cases, I might want to keep the Vendor's Slops and just macro them in (ie. Chi Bast) but for the most part, these subligar will be better for my MNK.


With all of the XP I've gained in the past so far, I've even added another merit to my Critical Hits. ^^


I've even spent a little time on several other jobs, mainly trying to get some future subjobs out of the way (and also while I can speed through some levels while Treu is out of town and I get to use Screamin as a PL) ^^. THF 13, WHM 20, SCH 8, DNC 16... I'm gettin there. My main goal this past weekend was to get my WHM outta the dunes because it was impossible to find a pt since everyone Level Sync's and PLs their way through. (and if I WAS lucky enough to find a pt for my WHM, it sucked ass and just ended up wasting a charge on my xp-ring.) /cry


oh wellz. Near-future plans: will probably do a little more campaign tonight because I can't stay up late tonight (have to be somewhere by 8am tomorrow). The rest of the week I might just hang around Whitegate looking for people to go on a Carby Mitts run, or to go do my other 2 promies, or go do some assaults, or go kill some avatars, or... well, or whatever. Maybe even look around for another LS to join so I can find a static to get me through my PMs to get me Sea access.

No comments: