Monday, April 13, 2009

Rehab is for Quitters

Ara (who's blog I just realized late last week, I can finally view again) has finally stated that he is definitely not going to be coming back to FFXI.

Then, purely coincidentally I might add, Hybrid tells me Friday night (heh now that I think about it, it was probably only like 5 or 6 hours after I found out about Ara) that he will most likely be quitting FFXI for good also.

Ara's reasons were somewhere around the lines of: (1) having too much fun in other online games and (2) not wanting to pay for an FFXI account (and paying-up on an outstanding balance or something too).

Hybrid's reasons: (1) woman issues (in order to spend more time with the gf, he's gotta quit the game. it just takes up too much of his RL time.) and (2) monetary issues (it's tough to hold down a full-time job and make rent, car payments, school payments, buy groceries, keep the lil' lady showered in gifts, etc... and still try to live it up as a P.I.M.P.)

So, my Friday night was kind of a downer.

I was actually going to purchase the security token and the ACP expansion, but now that 2 people that I can really trust in-game are definitely not coming back, I'm hesitant. Plus the fact that Treu's chickie will be graduating in a couple months and will probably also try to drag him away from the game... I just may not have anyone left! ; ;

Well, not really. I still have good times with all of my {sky} buds. (ie. gettin constantly kicked in the shins by Nomar... randomly screaming "Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"... giving nicknames to people...)

But I'll tell ya, once Treu quits the game, life at work will get uber boring. I mean, what the hell are we gonna surf for and talk about all day at work from then on?!? D:

Well, on the bright-side: Disdain is finally making appearances online more and more frequently now. And he's still got 2 friends he's bringing into the game. So I guess I have that to look forward to. :)

Only 2 more weeks until I can finally get my Monday and Wednesday early-evenings back again, and thus can get like 6-8 more hours of game-time (or sleep-time!) per week. :)

4 comments:

Treubond said...

Hahahaha, you really think Laura is going to make me quit?!?! I will be cutting back on play time but don't think that I will just be up and quitting the game bro. As long as I have friends in the game I'll still be playing.

word: extog

Khrone said...

Good to hear. Guess that means I'll be ordering my Security Token as soon as I get home from work!

MOAR inventory space... /drool

Ara said...

lol I wish women was one of my reasons. At LEAST I'd be getting laid. Oh well.

Come play LoTRO :P

Ara said...

I forgot, it's because I don't have a credit card. And I don't want to get addicted to FFXI again. And SE sucks ass. And they think I owe them money. Pffft! Dicks