Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nothing's right, I'm torn

ARGH!

Not so much the ARGH! as in "the Castle of Aaaaagh..."

You know, the kind of ARGH! that Charlie Brown yelps out when Lucy pulls away the football right when the ol' cueball is about to kick it.

Treu just pointed out to me the news about the new Square Enix Security Token.

Good news: Account Security - You will never have to worry about your account being hacked again (well, probably. There's always the chance that someone figures out what the root/random-key is to your account and can still get in.)

Bad news: Account Security - You will never be able to share your account with anyone. Like, when Treu is out of town, I won't be able to abuse him as my own personal PL. (heh, stop laughing. I know my PL skills suck. :-P) Or, like he already asked me to do for him this coming Sunday, I won't be able to get him into Dynamis - Buburimu (correction: Dynamis - Valkurm) (while he's at his v-ball game) so he can get his final Dynamis-clear to get access to Dynamis - Tavnazia. What if I'm still at work and the LS I asked to get my black belt items is killing Adamantois RIGHT NOW! ... Too bad. I'm at work. Treu won't have my password to log onto my char and run me out there to pick up my goods.

Good news: Inventory space - Inventory space OUT the WAZOO!!!

Bad news: You need this extra inventory space in REAL LIFE cuz you're now gonna have to carry this keychain around with you everywhere. No more spur-of-the-moment stopping-by Treu's house and gaming on his PS2, unless I take this thing to work with me every day.

I guess we could always just make sure we have our cellphones with us and then just TEXT my code to Treu when he asks. /shrug Assuming the text messages can be typed, sent and received quickly.

I'm torn. Don't know what to do. Inventory space would be godly... but at what cost?! (and i'm not referring to the $10 cost; the same price as an expansion pack.)

It has been discussed that we may just purchase the keychain for our primary characters (Khrone, Treubond, etc...), but NOT for our group-characters (Screamineagle, Annel, etc...). We'll see. We'll see.

1 comment:

Treubond said...

Its Dynamis-Valkurm that I need you to do for me.

Yes, I'm torn too. I will have to make a nice long post about this tomorrow while I am not at an ALL AFTERNOON meeting.