Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I hope no one minds but I have no intention of facing this sober

(quite possibly the only line I can remember from the movie Ice Pirates. Gee, I wonder why? lol)

Finally got another Salvage group! W00t w00t!!! Some members of HellsBells decided to get a Salvage group together. (I'm glad Treu pointed it out to me or I might have missed it on their forums. Thanks bro!) So I applied and was accepted.

Looks like we have about 9 members so it might take a LITTLE longer to get full-Usu than I had initially intended... but then again, with an extra member or two, at least we won't be struggling if someone can't make it on a particular run. Hopefully the extra man-power will actually speed some things up too, like, we can kill stuff faster to get cells on the early floors... but we gotta make sure we don't waste too much time trying to get cells for those extra people if they don't need them. Basically, we can just use the extra help on the early floors and then have them sit out on the later floors. /shrug I dunno. Guess we'll just have to see how it all goes.

I'll clearly be on MNK full-time. Our THF and BRD are probably set too. But the rest of the people have some varied jobs so they can change it up as we see fit for each zone. (Couple have MNK and SAM. Couple have RDM. etc... So they can switch around if they ever get bored I suppose.) I guess we might also be trying some newer strategies than what I'm used to. Our old group pretty much stuck to the party layout of: RDM, WHM, THF, BRD, MNK, MNK, SAM. I guess this group will probably be throwing in a BLU, BLM and/or SCH into the mix, as well as probably having an extra MNK. Again, we'll just have to see how it all pans-out as we go along.

I'm pumped though because from what I've seen/heard, these are all pretty good players. And since we all belong to the same LS already, hopefully no drama will ensue.

In other news... hell, what have I been doing with my gametime since my last post on here? ("not much...." stfu Treu!) Let's see:
1. I finally quit my sky LS. Too much stress and headaches and loss of sleep to deal with just getting some gil. Seriously, I was spending like 16-20 hours a week up there, just to get... what... 500k per week? Totally not worth it. I'll miss my friends from up there though. Hopefully I'll see them around.
2. Started up on SMN burns in the Tunnel. Good times. I've only done a few, but they pretty much always turn out to be good clean runs. I'm almost always helping to pull with Annel, so that gives me a little more to do than just sit around for 45 minutes doing nothing. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.
3. Got some SMN AF gear (weapon and legs), SMN AFv2 (head and legs), Yinyang Robe... of course, I can't really wear any of this stuff yet cuz I'm only at SMN 62... but at least it's nice to know that I can just level-up into this gear and don't need to worry about it later.
4. Finished my last 3 Gobbiebag quests so my inventory has been upped from 65 to 80! (plus Satchel space as well. YUS! More space for me to fill up with... um.... garbage. lol)
5. Blackbelt items..... yeah. Still no luck.

aight. that's it for now. I'm sure I'll be back to more regular posts in the near future, most-likely all Salvage-related.

No comments: