Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I bathe in their blood

And no, I don't look red from leveling my RDM lately...

[ For some quick/somewhat-disturbing humor: http://www.explosm.net/comics/1636/ ]

I think I'm finally done leveling my Red Mage!
I FINALLY hit 34 last night (I just haven't had much time to spend on getting RDM from 20 up to 34 lately), which means I can now cast Stoneskin and proceed with increasing my Guard skill. (MNK/RDM ftw?)

Well... I might not be COMPLETELY done with RDM just yet... because I think there was SOME reason for me to possibly want to get it up to 35. (Fast Cast II?? whatev.) I'll eventually be taking it up to 75. Eventually. It still won't be for a long long time though. Not til after SAM and SMN are there first.

{sky} has been keeping me busy lately (as always) but at least I'm finding time to spend on other important things... like CoP missions! I've already made it up to the 3-5 fight, which we will hopefully be doing tonight, assuming Sana and Nomar are online at a decent hour and aren't too busy. Otherwise I'll be heading off to {Dynamis - San d'Oria} with HellsBells and then off to start using /RDM.

I can only imagine that progressing through PMs will be easier and easier as we go along because I've had people constantly asking to join our group when we catch up to them. (someone is at 5-1, someone else at 5-2, someone else at 5-3, etc...) Oh goodie! Maybe I'll actually get to complete this!

The AH site shows that I have been making some progress in achievement points... and yet I'm getting ranked lower and lower each day on our server. WTF Mate? I still can never tell if this means that more people are signing up on the AH site or if more people are just progressing faster than I have been. /cry

Whatev. I'm happy with the progress I've made lately. :)

Other random progress I've made over the past few weeks include finally capping-off my Counter merits (5/5) and leveling PUP up to 30. And yes, soloing PUP is hella easier than trying to solo RDM... and a lot more {fun}! Those lil automatons are pretty smart, knowing when to cast Silence or finish off a skillchain, etc.... I also have another 6 merit points to dump into something tonight... which will more-than-likely be STR, taking it up to 2/5. I COULD get 1 merit in 2 other MNK Group 2 areas... but I figure STR would probably be a better choice for me at this point because it can still help out with other jobs (ie. SAM) and I don't really need those other Group 2 merits. They'd be nice to have to better my MNK and might possibly be a little helpful in Salvage if we ever start back up again... but I think I'm gonna stick with STR and THEN maybe into those other areas, because my next STR will cost me 9 merit points. ugh!

Treu and I have also been discussing possibly starting to get a gruop together for Salvage runs again. And after hearing last night that Lilmama now has all 3 items for her Marduk Feet (still needs crafting items) I think I'm really wanting to start up Salvage again. I crave Usu so badly, it hurts sometimes. /cry

We have a few people in mind that we are going to ask to join us. Some we really would like to have; some we will take just because we know they are good people that have jobs that we'd need and they wouldn't try to screw us over (ie. get their gear and then split). We're aiming to maybe start up our runs again in a couple weeks, but obviously that depends on everyone's schedule.

We'll see. We'll see.

2 comments:

Treubond said...

In order to gain achievement points on the AH site you actually have to make progress in the game. A few levels on a job that isn't even 35 will net you about 50 points. Needless to say you aren't going anywhere except down until you slow down on sky and start leveling SAM or SMN and start doing CoP more regularly.

Also, need people for Salvage!!!

Khrone said...

Yeah, well that extra 50 points just put me ahead of Pimp! lol
==============================
777 Khrone 12,406
778 Pimpsterer 12,356
==============================